Saturday 1 March 2014

Weekend of Competitions and Disaster

Well ... it's 1.41am of the morning of my first competition in March.  Normally I would be excited but I'm not really feeling it this weekend.  I haven't shot an arrow in 2 weeks and I know my bow has a nock point that is too high.  So, there's only one thing for it ... man up and string up.

I've just opened one of the compartments on my archery bag and found everything covered in a blue gel.  It's all over my tool pouch ... feck it's the thread-lock!  I normally store my bag in a vertical position but since I haven't had time to shoot the bag has been lying flat on the ground and the bottle has leaked everywhere.  Guess I'm gonna have to buy some replacements ...

OK, I've moved the nock point down but I have no idea how effective it's gonna be.  I really should be testing this at 2020 but it's a bit late for that now.

So, competition for today is the King's Cup at Chessington.  A fair few archers from 2020 will be competing.  It'll be nice to get some pointy sticks down range again.

No comments:

Post a Comment