Friday 20 February 2015

New Kit

Right, it's the night before my next competition (King's Cup, chessington) and I've shot less that 60 arrows through the new kit.  This does not bode well for tomorrow.

Let's see what in the archery swag bag ...

First off we have the new SF Premium Plus 2014 riser.  For the observant among you will have noticed that it's almost identical to my previous riser.  Just about everything is the same except that it now has adjustable limb pockets.  I'll admit that it wasn't a feature I missed with my previous riser but it's good to know it's there if I need it.

I took my old customised grip from my previous riser and swapped it with the new one.  It's one of the reasons I stuck with the SF Premium range.  I knew the grips would be swappable and I was familiar with the way the riser behaves.  You can also see in the above picture the Spigarelli clicker and SF Ultima rest.  I shot with them on Tuesday and I have to admit, they worked great.  The rest was simple to adjust and the clicker did it's job perfectly.I will give a more detailed review of the clicker once I've shot it more.

I wasn't able to decide on what sight I wanted so I've borrowed the Decut 120 Click from The Ageing Archer.  In the short time I've tried it I was most impressed by it.  For the price (approx £45) it's good quality with all the bells and whistles you would need.


I've almost grabbed a Titan Recurve Sight from The Ageing Archer.  As you can see it's red.  We like red.  I got to shoot it on Tuesday and it was good.  I had originally planned to buy this a while back but couldn't really justify it as my original sight was working well.  My most recent equipment failure has spurred me on to reconsider this purchase.

So, will the new kit help with my comp tomorrow?  We'll have to wait and see.  Last year I managed only 470.  It's unlikely that I'll get anywhere near it as my form has dropped and I've shot less than half the hours I shot last year.  However, I will aim to get 500+.  If I achieve that I will be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment