Thursday 6 February 2014

Fiddle me this!

Well, Last night was my last practice before the next comp.  Myself, Richard (The Ageing Archer) and Ray will be competing in the Hertfordshire Archery Association Indoor County & Open Championship.  Another weekend another comp.  I'm beginning to like this!

So the session started as most do, build the range, chat to fellow archers and then send some sighters down range.  After sending 9 sighters down range I decide that things are not quite right and change sight marks .... Nothing unusual there.  

I then spend the rest of the evening changing the sights in the pursuit of perfection.  In the end with 15mins to go till the end of the session I realise that the sight marks are back to where I had them when I shot my first sighters!  D'oh!  If that wasn't a lesson in not fiddling between ends then I don't know what is!

All in all, if I can settle down my nerves and don't let missed arrows get the better of me I should be set for some good results.

On a positive note ... Richard is now happy with his bow and set up.  I think he's set to bring home the bacon/beef/sushi (delete as applicable).


No comments:

Post a Comment